Pages

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Vinnaithandi Varuvaya

Jessie, nothing took me by storm after watching a movie. She was classy, awesome and gorgeously beautiful. What was so special about Jessie when I have seen most of her movies and never was so impressed by her apart from few other films. She was simple and traditional. Well, it is not just simple and traditional, it is a comnbination of brilliant cinematography, costume design and her voice that made her beautiful. Kudos to Gautam Vasudev Menon. However, it was Karthik who stole the show in the movie. I was never a fan of Simbu. I never liked his dialouge delivery, acting and style. I felt as if he is imitating someone. But after watching Vinnaithandi Varuvaya, everything changed. He was at his natural best especially his dialouge delivery and acting. I never thought this guy can do such roles. I bet, he can go places if choses proper script and sensible acting.

Enough of Jessie and Karthik. Its getting too predicatble. Lets come to cinematography. I am sure no one has shown India so beautiful that Manoj in recent times. If not for him, I doubt whether the movie would have made an impact on me or not. Hats off to him.

Music, I do not want to say anything about it. Who on this earth cannot appreciate the Mozart of Madras. He is genius, one of the best, a legend....hey!!! am losing out adjectives here :)

Thamarai saves her best when it comes to Gautam Menon. Some of the lines that she has written are simple superb. I cant tell one single line in particular here. I loved everything.

Finally, congrats to Gautam Vasudev Menon. I dont know from where on this earth he is getting such ideas. A simple love story at its best. When some one like K.Balachander has appreciated him, then its evident what this person in capable of doing it.

1 comment:

Vidya said...

Completely agree with all that you have said!!! Never seen a better "art-imitates-life-and vice-versa depiction"!!!
However why is US never counted out of Gautam Menon movies??? He has to head to US.. he had to show the Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge and the hip hop dancers..!! I wish the spot selection was dedicated to just India and not more.. just a thought... Thamarai, ARR and Paramhamsa have given their one of a kind contribution.. and the songs were so unique that they conveyed a message, a feeling and carried the story forward... one innovative aspect that Gautam could have experimented was blending the storyline with the songs..which could have challenged what was in certain perspective a lengthy script... Else simply neat work!!!