Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The need of the hour

NASA launched their space shuttle discovery few days back. I don’t know why, I never had any penchant towards space and space shuttles. I have always wondered why people are looking into space when there are lots to know on Earth. Yeah, these satellites made our life simple and without which who knows I wouldn’t have written this. Space programs are indeed one of the greatest advancements in science. These programs help us avoid natural disasters and other threats from outer space. They have saved our life and will be working towards the betterment of mankind. However, I seriously don’t understand the concept of Moon and Mars mission. What these people are going to do if they find life on Mars.


Mars

Are they going to get water from Mars to the Earth? Or are they going to transfer people from Earth to Mars? If these two happens, according to me the most stupid things ever to happen in the world. Even if some one gives me a valid reason for these, then I am sure very soon, there will be NGO fighting against environmental issues in Mars. Rather spending billions of dollars in it, they can donate it to countries like Somalia, which is struggling with mal nutrition and other day to day problems. Even now, US is spending lots of money to help poor countries, but I feel they can spend more on people and current issues rather than spending on Mars and other planets.


Moon:

The next in the line is moon mission. People cheered for the recent success of Chandrayan in India. The mission’s aim was to find the minerals on Moon’s surface so that they can be brought back to Earth and use it for power generation. Sounds funny rite!!! Back at home, people are suffering from poverty, lack of education, no proper food and these people spent crores of money on moon and I was told that this was the cheapest of all. I wondered if this was the cheapest, then how much it would have cost for the previous programs.


I feel its high time, these space organizations think about those people who don’t even know what Space means.

No comments: